Joan Fullerton's Art Blog

Welcome everyone! There will be some fun happening here. Hot tips for art-making, opportunities to laugh at me, musings about the mystery of life, and information about scheduled events.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

The end of April.

In December I set up this blog, really just to see how to do it.  I didn't really announce it to anyone, and I didn't post anything again.  Now that it is Spring and I am finished with my winter hibernation, I am ready to communicate. In fact  I may actually tell people about my blog and do regular postings!

Monday morning I will hang work at the 1st Community Bank lobby in Taos, NM.  It is right on the Plaza and so it gets quite a bit of traffic.  There isn't a great amount of area for art, so I will hangs smaller landscape work, about half watercolor and half oil.  

After attending a marketing conference in L.A., I taught myself how to publish an e-zine.  It took awhile for me to set it up, given my technology weakness, but I am hopeful the next attempt will be easier.  Mostly I did it to advertise 4 mixed media workshops I intend to have in my studio this summer.  I will have to learn how to link up my e-zine email to this blog!


The workshops are 2 days and limited to a maximum of 6 persons.  The dates are:  June 12th and 13th, June 19th and 20th, July 17th and 18th, and July 24th and 25th.  Since announcing the classes this week, the first class is nearly filled.


No comments: