Joan Fullerton's Art Blog

Welcome everyone! There will be some fun happening here. Hot tips for art-making, opportunities to laugh at me, musings about the mystery of life, and information about scheduled events.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

This is 12x8 mixed media piece was done a couple of years ago.  I titled it "Night", and scratched the title into the black band under the Bear.  (You cannot see it in the photograph.)  The image came from a childhood memory of when I was about 3 or 4 years old and my father moved our house on a flat bed truck to the ranch he purchased.  In rural Wyoming this was not the norm, but it wasn't all that unusual either.  However, it was strange for me as a child to see my home on a truck going down the highway ahead of the car I was riding in with my mother and brother. Much later, in my late forties, I dreamed I was standing on top of the house being pulled by a truck, and my father was swerving, trying to knock me off the roof.  In addition, there was a bear below the house.  Interestingly, it was not a nightmare....it was only fascinating, and it required me to "balance".

No comments: